14 September 2012

Shop: Pass the Baton



It's been many years since I lived in Tokyo, and back then my idea of the ultimate shopping experience was Kiddy Land -- a 5-story department store full of toys. If I were lucky enough to find myself back in Japan, my first shopping stop would have to be Pass the Baton. Both an online and brick-and-mortar shop, Pass the Baton celebrates personal culture. Every consigned item is displayed with the name of the consignor and a little story about the item's history. Sellers also have the option of donating the proceeds from their item to charity. Beyond being a brilliant concept, everything is beautifully displayed to accentuate the value of objects that have enjoyed a previous life and haven't just emerged from a box or factory.







Images: Pass the Baton.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails